Are you looking to advance your digital marketing career with one of the best employers in Canada? GAIN Group is constantly growing and we are looking for dedicated and highly motivated individuals with a passion for success to grow with us. With 11 luxury automotive dealerships representing 12 brands, plus Canada’s only year-round motorsport track facility, a stunning mountainside boutique resort, and an outdoor adventure lodge on the Cowichan River, the GAIN Group will challenge you and provide you with constant growth and challenges each and every day. As we grow, you’ll grow and we are seeking motivated individuals to join our team.
The GAIN Group is currently seeking a full–time, Web Designer/Developer in Victoria, BC.
A career within the GAIN Group means you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive Compensation
- Competitive Employee Purchase Programs
- Best in Industry Group Health Benefits
- Financial Assistance in Continual Training & Development Support
- Fun & Supportive Work Culture
You create beautiful and meaningful UX-based designs that engage, inspire and captivate our target audiences to seek more. You find coding is more your first language than English itself. You gain inspiration from your experience, research and the network that surrounds you. You thrive in an environment that promotes educational growth for the thirst to always learn and be the best you can be. You possess a proven history of executing projects within limited timeframes. You are multi-talented, flexible and open minded. You seek challenge and excel in troubleshooting various web applications. And most importantly, you possess a great sense of humor and a positive outlook on life.
- Maintain and regularly audit all GAIN Group websites for glitches, errors, content in need of updating, website updates etc.
- Ability to facilitate multiple priorities in high pressure situations
- Troubleshoot and fix any problems within your control or submit support tickets to our web providers for assistance and ensure you follow up until the task is complete.
- Develop flexible, UX friendly and well-structured front-end designs
- Ability to perform software engineering best practices such as unit testing and source code control.
- Assist in developing animated digital display advertisements
- Work Closely with our digital partners to ensure all websites are functioning properly
- Ability to storyboard, present and implement fresh creative ideas for all projects
- Stay current with digital trends and best practices to stay competitive
- Ensure compliance of brand standards from GAIN Group and the manufacturers we represent in all web applications
- Participate in on-going training to further advance your abilities, knowledge and creativity that may enhance our customer experience and presence within our markets
- Will be required to attend and assist at events/meetings outside of regular work hours
- Assist in leading, guiding and educating the more junior members of the team
- Knowledgeable in MailChimp and WordPress
What it takes to be part of our dynamic marketing team:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in front end web development
- Have an eye for UI/ UX design
- Where possible always strives to deploy the most current coding standards
- Design user interface based on qualitative and quantitative data collected UX research
- Creative, innovative, forward thinking and a true go-getter
- Excellent time management, problem solving, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to think strategically, but also have exceptional attention to detail in execution
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritize and manage competing demands in a fast-paced environment with ever changing tasks
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Positive, energetic, professional individual with a great sense of humor and a drive for success
Bonus skills & experience:
- Experience with UI/ UX web design
- Have experience conducting UX research to seek ways to improve users’ digital experience
- Junior to intermediate level in graphic design
- Mobile design
Apply through the form below: