Elevate your career to new heights with the Villa Eyrie Resort.
The Villa Eyrie Resort, part of the GAIN Group, is committed to excellence, luxury and pushing boundaries to exceed customers’ expectations! We are committed to continued innovation, unique possibilities and strive to maintain a positive work environment. We encourage the development of our team support continued growth to allow for advancement within the organization. We are looking for an 2nd Cook to join this fantastic team!
A career within the Villa Eyrie Resort means you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive Compensation & Group Health Benefits
- Continual Training
- Career development and Advancement Opportunities
- Vehicle Purchase & Service Incentives
- Employee Discounts at our Villa Eyrie Resort and Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit
The 2nd Cook is responsible for assisting the 1st Cook in preparing food, ensuring the kitchen area and equipment is clean, sanitary and organized properly under the direction of the Executive Chef. The 2nd Cook reports to the Executive Chef.
As an 2nd Cook, responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Executive Chef and 1st Cook in preparing of all meals and ensuring the kitchen area is clean and sanitary
- Monitor all food in preparation and storage daily, to avoid spoilage
- Assist in organizing and cleaning coolers, freezers and dry storage as directed
- Follow recipe manual guide strictly to achieve consistency in portion and taste
- Prepare sufficient food quantities to meet business demands
- Ensure that each item leaving the kitchen has been accurately billed or requisitioned
- Explain the preparation of dishes/ specials to the service staff in a clear manner
- Achieve high standards of taste and presentation in each dish
- Ability to work some hot stations of the kitchens of the resort
- To constantly push personal skills forward
- Dedication to the highest quality with every plate leaving the kitchen at any time
- Proficiently set the day’s station for service
- Assists in ordering food and supplies
- Ensure quality of food and portion control
- Assist in additional tasks and duties as assigned by the Executive Chef
- Minimum 1-year kitchen experience
- Exceptional attention to detail and developed organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Team player and able to give support and encouragement to others
- Food Safe Certification
Apply through the form below:
If the above describes you then don’t miss your opportunity to be a part of an ever-expanding company such as the GAIN Group, please complete the form below.