Automotive Collision Repair / Restoration Fabricator Technician (Coachbuilder)
We are looking for an Automotive Collision Repair / Restoration Fabricator Technician (Coachbuilder) to join our Gain Collision/ Coachwerks Restoration Center. You will provide varying degrees of repair – from small repairs to complete nut and bolt concours level restorations of predominately vintage post war sports cars as well as the ability to work on late model sport and luxury collision repairs.
How we attract the best of the best to join the GAIN Team:
- The opportunity to work in a restoration business that is considered one of the best in the world and has many awards to substantiate that claim.
- We value your lifestyle and work life balance.
- We offer opportunities to advance depending on skills, attitude, reliability and accountability to every staff member
- Offering the best extended medical coverages within the industry
- Be a part of an extensive training path within the GAIN Training Academy and Mercedes Classics Division, worldwide, to ensure you get the right tools to lead you to success.
- Comfortable Work attire provided
- Offering “drive your own brand” programs which allows all of our employees to drive their “dream car” and understand the products in which they represent.
- GAIN’s continued involvement within the community with sponsorships and donations to support arts, sports, motorsport, families in need, sick children, hospice and many others on Vancouver Island.
Qualifications, Experience, Desired Skills
- Minimum 5 yrs experience Red Seal Technician
- Proficiency in the use of TIG/MIG welders on ferrous and non-ferrous metals an asset
- Oxy Acetylene Welding
- Heat Shrinking Ferrous and Non-Ferrous metals
- Advanced understanding of metal shaping techniques and the use of required tools and equipment
- Comprehensive understanding of European automotive design and construction
- Experience with structural measuring systems
- Good customer communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as being self motivated
- Produce a consistent, high quality product
- Assess damage and restoration requirements of a project. Work with the estimator to establish an accurate budget.
- Use frame machines to straighten bent frames and unitized bodies
- Remove badly damaged (rust and collision damage) sections of vehicles (ie., roof, rear body panels, etc.) and weld in new sections
- Replace OEM and aftermarket panels as required or when available
- Inspect vehicles for dimensional accuracy using 3D measuring tools (laser) as well as tram gauges for the correction of misaligned panels and body structures
- Re & I work of exterior and interior components to assist repairs if required
Apply through the form below: