Accounts Payable and Receivable Clerk
BMW/MINI Victoria – home to the Ultimate Driving Machine. Local. Dedicated. Passionate. At BMW/MINI Victoria, it’s not just about owning a vehicle; it’s about the “JOY” of driving. Being a part of the GAIN Group, we know that what you make people feel is just as important as what you engineer, and thus we continue to deliver the ultimate car buying experience. At BMW/MINI Victoria, it’s about passion, dedication and the pure love of what we do that helps us make buying a BMW or MINI as exciting as driving it.
BMW Victoria is currently looking for an Accounts Payable and Receivable person who will be responsible for working with the BMW Accounting Department Manager and GAIN Group Controller to provide accounting support to our Sales, Service and Parts departments. This position provides an excellent opportunity to acquire and/or exercise a broad range of accounting skills and knowledge as the automotive industry is a very diverse and interesting one.
If you are a reliable, organized, detail-oriented individual who has a strong desire to learn and to become part of a fantastic team, this is the opportunity for you!
How we attract the best of the best to join the GAIN Team:
- We value your lifestyle and work life balance.
- Opportunities to expand and advance your career within the company
- Competitive compensation & group health benefits
- Offering additional employee benefits that include discounted rates at all businesses within the GAIN Group including the Villa Eyrie Resort, GAIN Collision, Coachwerks Restoration and exclusive driving opportunities at the world-class Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit.
- Our continued involvement within the community through sponsorships and donations to support our local communities in need.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Coding, posting, and reconciling of accounts payables
- Daily cheque writing
- Bank transfer postings, such as Petro, Subaru Canada, American Express etc..
- Capital asset tracking
- PST self-assessment on internal accounts including alternate transports, policy and operation supplies, etc
- Filing accounts payables back up
- Coding, posting, and reconciling of daily accounts receivable, cash reports and bank deposit
- Accounts receivable statements, reviewing monthly AR schedule internally and with managers, cleaning up accounts as needed and printing/sending out monthly statements to customers
- Reconciling of miscellaneous schedules and statements such as sublet and marketing schedules
- Posting Wholesale and Dealer trades
- Training other members of the accounting and administrative team on various accounting processes and procedures
- Assisting Accounting Department Managers with other tasks and duties as needed
- At least 1 year of experience in accounting, dealership accounting preferred
- Excellent current computer skills including a working knowledge of MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel
- General understanding of computerized accounting systems (ADP or Reynolds an asset)
- The successful candidate will have the ability to prioritize and organize time effectively to meet deadlines
- Must have initiative, superior organizational and multi-tasking skills, and have close attention to detail
Apply through the form below:
If the above describes you then don’t miss your opportunity to be a part of an ever-expanding company such as the GAIN Group, please complete the form below.