Accounting Assistant – Mercedez-Benz Nanaimo & Subaru Nanaimo
Dealership: Mercedes-Benz &Subaru
Mercedes-Benz Nanaimo & Subaru Nanaimo, located on beautiful Vancouver Island, are now looking for a full time Accounting Assistant. Our family is committed to excellence and this commitment stems from our knowledge and trust in the Mecedes-Banz & Subaru brand. Our team takes great pride in providing all of our customers with the highest level of service. It is our customers that drive us to succeed each and every day.
If you are a reliable, organized, detail-oriented individual who has a strong desire to learn and to become part of a fantastic team, this is the opportunity for you!
How we attract the best of the best to join the GAIN Team:
- We value your lifestyle and work life balance.
- Opportunities to expand and advance your career within the company
- Competitive compensation & group health benefits
- Offering additional employee benefits that include discounted rates at all businesses within the GAIN Group including the Villa Eyrie Resort, GAIN Collision, Coachwerks Restoration and exclusive driving opportunities at the world-class Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit.
- Our continued involvement within the community through sponsorships and donations to support our local communities in need.
Responsibilities (included by are not limited to):
- Coding, posting, and reconciling of accounts payables
- Daily cheque writing
- Bank transfer postings, such as Petro, Subaru Canada, American Express etc..
- Capital asset tracking
- PST self-assessment on internal accounts including alternate transports, policy and operation supplies, etc
- Filing accounts payables back up
- Coding, posting, and reconciling of daily accounts receivable, cash reports and bank deposit
- Accounts receivable statements, reviewing monthly AR schedule internally and with managers, cleaning up accounts as needed and printing/sending out monthly statements to customers
- Reconciling of miscellaneous schedules and statements such as sublet and marketing schedules
- Posting Wholesale and Dealer trades
- Training other members of the accounting and administrative team on various accounting processes and procedures
- Assisting Accounting Department Managers with other tasks and duties as needed
- At least 1 year of experience in accounting, dealership accounting preferred
- Excellent current computer skills including a working knowledge of MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel
- General understanding of computerized accounting systems (ADP or Reynolds an asset)
- The successful candidate will have the ability to prioritize and organize time effectively to meet deadlines
- Must have initiative, superior organizational and multi-tasking skills, and have close attention to detail
Please submit your resume via the form below.