Accounting Assistant – Mercedez-Benz Nanaimo & Subaru Nanaimo
Dealership: Mercedes-Benz &Subaru
Mercedes-Benz Nanaimo & Subaru Nanaimo, located on beautiful Vancouver Island, are now looking for a full time Accounting Assistant. Our family is committed to excellence and this commitment stems from our knowledge and trust in the Mecedes-Banz & Subaru brand. Our team takes great pride in providing all of our customers with the highest level of service. It is our customers that drive us to succeed each and every day.
If you are a reliable, organized, detail-oriented individual who has a strong desire to learn and to become part of a fantastic team, this is the opportunity for you!
How we attract the best of the best to join the GAIN Team:
- We value your lifestyle and work life balance.
- Opportunities to expand and advance your career within the company
- Competitive compensation & group health benefits
- Offering additional employee benefits that include discounted rates at all businesses within the GAIN Group including the Villa Eyrie Resort, GAIN Collision, Coachwerks Restoration and exclusive driving opportunities at the world-class Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit.
- Our continued involvement within the community through sponsorships and donations to support our local communities in need.
Responsibilities (included by are not limited to):
- Recording of vehicle sales, dealer inventory trades and wholesale deals
- Reconciling deals and ongoing sales commissions, and reporting to payroll
- Coding, posting, and reconciling of accounts payables
- Deprecation and capital asset tracking
- Coding, posting, and reconciling of accounts receivable
- Reconciling of credit card and cash payments
- Bank reconciliations and preparing daily cash reports for the Accounting Department Manager
- Accounts receivable statements, reviewing monthly AR schedule internally and with managers, cleaning up accounts as needed and printing/sending out monthly statements to customers
- Floor plan and inventory reconciliations
- Service loaner swaps
- PST self-assessment on internal accounts
- Reconciling of miscellaneous schedules and statements such as sublet, and marketing schedules
- Reconciliation of various monthly remittances (Warranty, RRSP and Tire Stewardship, etc.)
- Assisting Accounting Department Manager with other tasks and duties as needed
- At least 1 year of experience in accounting, dealership accounting preferred
- Excellent current computer skills including a working knowledge of MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel
- General understanding of computerized accounting systems (ADP or Reynolds an asset)
- The successful candidate will have the ability to prioritize and organize time effectively to meet deadlines
- Must have initiative, superior organizational and multi-tasking skills, and have close attention to detail
Please submit your resume via the form below.