Discover something extraordinary! Discover a career with GAIN
The GAIN Group is committed to excellence; continuously pushing boundaries to exceed our customers’ expectations.
We are committed to continued innovation and advance technology as well as maintaining a positive work environment and encourage the self-development of our team.
Representing brands that need little introduction: Alfa Romeo, Audi, BMW, FIAT, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Porsche, smart, Subaru and Volkswagen.
Why work at The GAIN Group:
- State of the art facilities
- Fantastic benefits plan to meet and exceed the needs of you and your family
- Contribution towards your MSP Premiums
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation
- Employee Discount program on vehicles, services, and parts
- Employee Discounts at our Villa Eyrie Resort which include: Summit Restaurant and Tuscan Spa
- Opportunities for you and your family to experience the astounding Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit
We are looking for a dedicated, passionate entry level IT assistant who has the drive and desire to make a career in IT with an ever-growing group.
The IT assistant will report to the IT specialist and will assist in providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software, responding to queries, running diagnostic programs, isolating problems and determines and implements solutions.
The IT assistant must be able to work with minimum supervision and may act as the lead when the need arises. This position will be based out of Victoria, however, some travel is required to our job sites on the Malahat and in Duncan and Nanaimo. Some overtime will be required when needed.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Creates new user accounts and e-mail accounts;
- Resets user passwords;
- Disables terminated employee accounts;
- Installs and configures computer hardware, operating systems and peripherals;
- Helps employees resolve computer issues either in person, over the phone or by email in a timely fashion;
- Provides basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer equipment (eg. Microcomputers, disk drives, and laser printers);
- Troubleshoot network issues;
- Assists IT specialist in projects as assigned;
- Sets up and configures desktop computers, laptops, peripherals and accounts assigning security level;
- Transfers computer files between platforms
Education: High school graduate or equivalent with data processing training, computer operations training, or experience in a multi-operation system preferred.
Skills and Experience: Previous experience is a plus, however, we are willing and wanting to train the right individual with the right attitude. May require the knowledge of a variety of hardware as well as software and operating systems. May be tested on appropriate computer skills as required.
Please submit your resume via the form below.
If the above describes you then don’t miss your opportunity to be a part of an ever-expanding company such as the GAIN Dealer Group, please complete the form below.